Wednesday, November 24, 2010

goodbyes. dislike.

I hate goodbyes.
Today in the Panera parking lot I hugged my friend Carrie goodbye.
I didn't like it very much (yes, I cried).
She and her husband are moving to Austin, Texas. 
They are taking this cute little boy with them.
Sigh.
Carrie and I have been friends for a long time. 
We worked at Eastview together.
We traveled to Trinidad together.
She lived with my family for a few months before she was married.
We once decided to take a trip to Michigan,
and within a half hour were packed and driving north on I55.
I was a (very old) bridesmaid in her wedding five years ago.
We've celebrated the best of times and learned from the worst of times. 
I know she's over in the next neighborhood, and she knows where I live.
Our friendship is comfortable and easy.
I love her.
I will miss her.

Earlier this fall, I took some pictures of her little boy Ryan, who just celebrated his second bithday. 
The images were a surprise for Daddy, so I haven't posted them until now.
Ryan is obviously an adorable little guy. 
He is also happy, smart, and plays a mean peek-a-boo.
I hope he comes to visit often.
I will want to catch up with his mommy, see how he's grown...and of course, take more pictures.
Until then, God's richest blessing on you, dear friends!

0 comments:

Post a Comment