Monday, September 10, 2012

on golden pond.

 These are some of my favorite people.
Rick and Cindy Schaumburg and their beautiful, growing family.
 
Years and years ago,
probably in the 1980's,
I was talking with Cindy on the phone (no doubt a land line, probably with a cord).
My husband didn't know who was on the other end,
but he heard me laughing...
the big belly laugh, can't stop, snorting, gonna pee my pants kind of laughter.
When I hung up, he commented,
"You need to spend more time with whoever is on the other end of that phone."
Some of the best advice the man has ever given me!
I love this family and am grateful for decades of doing life together.
 
 We met at the family cabin for pictures..
it's so On Golden Pond-ish.
I almost want to call them Norman and Ethel.
 
 
Eric and Dani are getting married in a few short weeks.
They absolutely radiate HaPpiNess!
 
Lisa and Tim have the cutest little boys.
You never know what Jack is going to say,
or where Micah is going to go...

 Everybody helped make Micah smile!!
 
Laura and Ryan are expecting their first baby in December.
I remember when she was the baby being born (in November),
as my own December due date approached.
The silly cliche is true.
Time flies.
 
In case you can't tell...
Love me some Schaumburgs!


1 comments:

Rick.Cindy said...

You are the best my dear friend, so blessed to have had your friendship through thick and thin... Can't wait to see what God has in store for these next years, for both of us! Love you bunches!

Post a Comment