Wednesday, January 1, 2014

project 365 {december}

Project completed.
For the last 365 days I have taken at least one photograph.
In today's Instagram world, that may not seem like much of a challenge.
But I approached this year seeking something more than a picture of the day.
 I think I wanted to learn to live in the present.
To see the glory in the everyday.
To breathe deep and give thanks.
 
I learned last January that not every day could be "art."
More days than not, I wrestled with my perfectionist tendencies.
There were countless times I thought
I wish I had my camera.
Other days I could have shared a whole story in pictures.
Sometimes I captured something and thought,
Well that was just dumb luck.
Sometimes the picture was more calculated.
Some are favorites.
Others, not so much.

People ask me what I look for first when I take a picture.
The answer is always the same.
Light.
I always look for the light.
My search for the "perfect" picture each day has led me to a search for light.

And so it is the Light that has opened my eyes.
Shown me shades of beauty and grace in the midst of the mundane.
Revealed cracks and exposed darkness hidden in my secret places.
Poured shimmering rays on glorious milestone days.
 Invited me to marvel and stand in awe.
Reminded me of why I am here.

You're here to be light, bringing out the God-colors in the world.
(Matthew 5:14, The Message) 
  

While my 365 days worth of images don't begin to scratch the surface,
they are my feeble attempt to bring out the God-colors in the world.
To see and share Him at every turn.

For the first time in over a year,
my camera is staying in the bag today.
But you can be sure I'll still be looking for the Light.
Happy New Year!

All I have seen teaches me
to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
 
December 1:  Backyard Visitor
{Sharp-shinned Hawk}
December 2: Ahhhhh
December 3:  A.M.
#alreadybeenupforanhour, #gooddayforanap
December 4:  Living Color
 December 5:  Fa la la la la la la la la
 December 6:  Merry and Bright
December 7:  Santa's Elves Have Been Busy
December 8:  More, Please
December 9:  I See That Hand
December 10:  Greetings
December 11: Stars on Stage
December 12:  Homemade Things
 December 13:  Fifth Grade Picture Day
 December 14:  White Christmas
 December 15:  Beautiful Sight, Happy Tonight
December 16:  Dinner's Almost Ready
{And it smells AMAZING}
 December 17:  Thinking of Mom
{My mother loves cardinals.  I think of her whenever I see one.}
December 18:  Blink a Bright Red and Green
 December 19:  Starbursts and Thirty Years of  Memories on the Tree
F/22, ISO 100, 30 second shutter.
Tripod.
Definitely.
 December 20:  Christmas by Candlelight
 December 21:  Be Careful Out There
{You'll need these just to get to the mailbox today!}
 December 22:  Wintery Mix on My Trees
#rainsnowice
December 23:  Cookies for Santa
{or anybody who stops by, really}
 December 24:  Sleep in Heavenly Peace
December 25:  Unto Us
 December 26:  Shadowfax
{Grandkitty is paying a visit for the holidays}
 December 27:  Home for Christmas
{Tripod and Timer}
 December 28:  How We Roll
December 29: Millie Pearl
December 30:  True Story
December 31:  Party Animal
 
Thank you to this fine man for
sharing in the life-journey together,
taking countless little side-trips in search of the light,
waiting patiently as I edited, 
noticing God-colors with me,
and posing for this final picture.

0 comments:

Post a Comment