Saturday, July 12, 2014

roman holiday.


So John and I went to Italy for a couple weeks to celebrate our thirtieth (yikes) anniversary.
And took pretty close to a million pictures.
I haven't even been through them all, but have been asked by family and friends to share a few.
If you're the kind of person who doesn't enjoy other's vacation slide show, feel free to move on.
We won't be offended.
 
 
R O M E
 
The rays of light in St. Peter's Basilica were absolutely amazing.

 
I think I want to be a street photographer when I grow up.
 
V E N I C E


 Bubble chasing.
Bird feeding.
Bride photographing.
 Seriously, this was so sweet. 
With crowds of people strolling through the piazza,
this groom held a private little photo session with his bride.
I just couldn't resist joining him!
 
B U R A N O
 This colorful little fishing community is in the same lagoon as Venice.
I thought I had landed at the end of  a rainbow.
It might be the cheeriest place on earth.


 
 
F L O R E N  C E
 
 
C I N Q U E   T E R R E
 
 Our daughter spent some time in Italy when she was in college and said this was her favorite place.
I might have to agree.
 
T U S C A N Y


That one leaning tower.
 
 View of Florence from the bell tower.
And cell phone selfie inside the bell tower.

"Closing thoughts?" I asked John.
"It was glorious," he answered.
 
That works.
It was glorious.
 

1 comments:

Rick.Cindy said...

Stunning. I'd like to see more when you have a chance...

Post a Comment