Monday, March 21, 2011

best is yet to come.

Natalie has had a camera lens pointed in her direction her entire life.
I am a recovered scrapbook maniac and have volumes full
of her sweet little baby face,
first days of school,
missing teeth,
recitals,
proms,
graduations,
and everything in between.

"It'll go so quickly," those older and wiser used to tell me.
So I tried to savor...even on long, hard mommy days, trusting their advice.
Now I know the cliche is true.
Indeed, some days seemed long, but the years were short. 

Each stage of the parenting journey seemed better than the one before.
Sometimes I wish I could roll back the calendar to 1987 and do it all again.
But as I look at these images of my brilliant, creative, lovely daughter,
I realize how much I love this stage right now.
I am blessed to be her mom.
I am blessed to be her friend. 
 And I know the best is yet to come.




0 comments:

Post a Comment