Friday, August 5, 2011

change.

 
Everything about their lives has changed.
Abby and Andy have gone from parenting one child to three.
Elly has become a big sister.
Mercy and Silas?
From poverty to riches.
No longer orphans.
New lives.
New names.
New family.
New home.
New futures.

It's a picture of what God has done for us by adopting us into His family.

I come from an adopted family.
I have no biological connection to my parents.
Yet, when I was growing up,
people often said,
"You look just like your dad."
That's what the love of a good father does.
It causes the children to become like him.

I pray that for these precious ones...
that they will become like their father and mother
who desire more than anything to become
like their heavenly Father.




More changes ahead...
Count the number of fingers on Abby's belly.
It doesn't take an advanced degree to figure out the message.
Baby number four will arrive in late February.
God's humor is as extravagant as His grace.



Elly looks like she's doing her own counting...

Even to your old age and gray hairs I am he,
I am he who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you;
I will sustain you and I will rescue you.
Isaiah 46:4


0 comments:

Post a Comment