Thursday, December 20, 2012

merry and bright.

 
 I'm
a fifth grade
teacher in real life.
Every once in a while,
 my camera goes to school with me.
Each December I take class pictures by the
Christmas tree that greets us as we enter our building.
We dress all festive-like and wear bright lights and generally
have a fun time making each other smile.  The little kids ask what we're doing
and the older kids smile, remembering when they were in fifth grade posing by the tree.
And then we go
back to class
and do Math.
 
 
So...here are some of my very favorite fifth graders ever.
Yes, I say that every year.
Because it's true.
 
Note to Fifth Grade: 
I know I just started a sentence with "because."
You still may not do this.
 
 



They are merry and bright.
They light up my life and stretch me to become better than I am.
And they wish you a very Merry Christmas.

0 comments:

Post a Comment