Sunday, December 9, 2012

she's my blake.

Katlyn's best friend was planning a visit from Kentucky.
 
" I want you to meet Kelsey,"  she told me.
"She's my Blake."
 
I knew immediately what she meant and invited them to stay for the weekend.
 
Blake and my Nick have been close friends since boyhood.
Peanut butter to jelly.
Cheese to macaroni.
Bacon to eggs.
Kind of friendship.
(I tried to pick manly metaphors)
 
While hanging out in my family room,
the girls were talking about getting little friendship tattoos,
but couldn't decide on a design,
so opted for a little spontaneous photo shoot instead.
Not a bad way to mark a treasured friendship.
And less painful.
 
Katlyn and Kelsey.
Bubbles to bath.
Milk to cookies.
Goof to ball.
Kind of friendship.
 






Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another:
What! You too? I thought I was the only one.
- C.S. Lewis

0 comments:

Post a Comment