Thursday, January 31, 2013

365 in 2013 {january}

January 1:  Red Letter Day

I might be crazy, but I am attempting a 365 project this year.
That simply means I intend to take one picture every day.
Some days will be calculated and careful.
Others will be a quick snap in order to get it done.

I'm not sure how the year will unfold.
I'm as busy as the next person.
I teach fifth grade.
And grade papers.
And schedule photo sessions on the weekends.
Have friends.
And kids.
And a husband.
I serve in our church.
I like to sleep.
So, why add one more thing to my list?

I think it's because I don't want to miss the beauty in the ordinary.
For instance,
This month I discovered that around 4:30 p.m. the winter light in my daughter's bedroom is golden.
I captured the sun coming up and the moon shining bright.
We celebrated our son's birthday and honored my father.
We began wedding planning and third quarter of fifth grade.
A friend took a huge step in expanding her business.
Ordinary January.
It was so beautiful.
I'm glad I didn't miss it.

Wish me well.
I didn't even complete last year's 52 project.
And that was only a picture per week.


January 2:  Parting Gift from the Dentist
January 3:  Back to School
January 4: Snow Inside and Out
January 5:  Prophecy Fulfulled
January 6: Stone of Remembrance
(brick from Eastview Christian Church's Towanda Avenue building)
January 7:  Monday Night Haircuts
 January 8:  Thrifted Spice Rack
January 9:  Classroom Stash
January 10:  Counting Pennies
January 11:  Proverbs 9:10
The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom,
and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.
 January 12:  Venue Booking (and Lunch Eating)
 January 13: Lamp Unto My Feet
January 14: Morning Glory
January 15:  Early Celebration
January 16:  Joyful Noise
January 17:  There's Always Pooh
(Happy Birthday, Nicholas)

January 18:  Faithful Wife, Mother, Grandmother, and Grandma-Great
January 19:  Grandpa Loves Millie
January 20:  The Best is Yet to Come

January 21:  Pine cone or Pineapple?
January 22:  China-mania
January 23:  Choir @ ISU 
January 24:  Morning Bell
January 25:  Shoot the Moon
 January 26: Cookies by Katlyn
January 27: Bed by Katlyn
January 28:  Foggy Day Text from Hubby
Do you want some taillights to follow home from school?
No, thank you...but oh, how I love this man!
January 29: Feels Like Spring
 January 30:  Inside Recess
 January 31:  Celebrating a New Chapter for Sugar Mama

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sue, your eye for beauty in the ordinary is delightful. It invites me to breathe in slowly and sip deeply from everything sweet that I often let pass by unnoticed. Thank you for sharing. :)

-Natalie's Katy

Sue said...

Aw Katy...thank you. Your gift with words does the same for me. Blessings to you, my dear!

Post a Comment