Friday, May 31, 2013

project 365 {may}

May 1:  May Flowers, of Course
May 2:  Flowers and Showers
 May 3:  Peek-a-boo
 May 4:  She Does
May 5:  Katlyn's New Camera
May 6:  More Flowers
  May 7:  Bliss
Lilacs make me happy.
They remind me of my childhood and whisper that school will be out soon.
May 8:  Blowin' in the Wind
Canon 5D Mark II
50mm 2.5 macro
F/6.3, ISO 400, 1/80
No tripod.
Just in case you're interested.
May 9:  Number Two
May 10:  Need a Nap.
Seriously.
 May 11:  Uncomplicated

May 12:  Mother's Day
Practicing with my new "Lens Baby" to take these pictures.
Feeling blessed and having fun.
May 13: Sunset at the Park
May 14:  Dinner on the Patio
 May 15:  Twenty-two Candles
May 16:  Puffin' Fluff
 May 17:  Full House
May 18:  Marking a Milestone
He finished his bachelors last summer,
{Magna cum laude}
but walked today.
{Thank you, Son.}
One thesis away from his masters.
On the brink of adulthood.
Weeks away from having a wife.
And following God's call east.
When did he get so tall and whiskery?
{Heart overflowing}
 May 19:  Our God is Greater
May 20:  Lilies of the Field
 May 21:  Olivia's View
{She has butterflies swirling over her changing table}
 May 22:  Looking for Real Estate
May 23:  Buddies
{One of the things I love most about our school is how well the big kids love the younger ones.}
 May 24:  Cute Couple
 May 25:  Decisions, Decisions
May 26:  Bear Fruit
{Mackinaw Valley Winery}
 
 May 27:  Morning Rain
May 28:  Artist in Residence
 May 29:  Please Pass the Chips
May 30:  Summer is Comin'
{Last full day of school}

May 31:  Heavens Declare Glory
{Lake Michigan}

Thoughts:
There are days I hit a wall.
I don't feel particularly creative.
Sometimes I'm just tired and cranky,
and I want to end this year's notion of capturing an image every twenty-four hours.

But I'm pressing on.
 There is something about looking through my lens every day
that is awakening a heart of gratitude within me.
The small, simple pieces of my life
have taken on fresh beauty.
I'm noticing things more.
I'm still unpacking what that all means,
but slowly God is pointing me to embrace the ordinary,
to live in the present,
and to look for evidence of His handiwork at every turn.

That's all for now.
I'm sure there will be more on this later.
God's not done with me yet.

 


0 comments:

Post a Comment