Sunday, October 3, 2010

good times.

Nicholas John Chambers 23 hours ago via twitter:  Coffee and photoshoot with my mother. Great time.

When this tweet showed up on Facebook, I entered my comment:  "good times."
I read it back to myself and thought, "that sounds lame."
Delete.
From across the table, Nick mocked, "Really Mom? 'Good times?'  Fail." 
"I deleted it.  I have nothing witty or cool to say."
"Well don't ever say, 'good times.'"
I hit the "like" button and said nothing further.

Bribery is usually involved when I take pictures of Nick, but he actually asked me for this little photoshoot!   As a musician/songwriter he needed some new promotional shots and provided creative input into the images. He loaded the Radio Flyer with an old Roland keyboard, Daddy's even older guitar, and a ukelele named Eleanor Rigby.  After a quick Starbuck's run, we stopped at one of my favorite locations in Bloomington...under a downtown overpass.  Let's just say I was glad to have a strong man with me, even if he was only armed with a guitar.



 Spider man and the amazing hanging guitar.
Rigby kept falling off the wagon, raising safety concerns for my future grandchildren. 
I don't care how lame it sounds.
  Good times.
To listen to some of Nick's music visit http://www.myspace.com/nicholasjohnchambers

0 comments:

Post a Comment